Sunday, June 8, 2014

McKinley's Nursery Reveal

It is finally time to reveal McKinley's nursery!  I had so much fun decorating her room.  Can you believe she will be here in a just a few weeks?!?  We are SO ready to meet our sweet baby girl!!!


McKinley's crib is so special to me.  I fell in love with this crib in back when we were first trying to get pregnant.  I knew this was the crib I had to have some day. You can imagine how disappointed I was when I found out later on that it had been discontinued and was no longer available.  I continually checked the Babies R Us website to see if it had become available again.  No matter how many cribs I looked at, I just didn't like any of them as much as this one.  About a week before we found out I was pregnant, I went online and sure enough the crib was back on there!!! Thanks to my sweet parents for purchasing it for us. :)  

As soon as we found out we were having a girl, I began the search for the perfect bedding set.  I had NO idea what I wanted.  In fact, I had already purchased a bedding set for a boy...because I just knew we were going to have a boy!  Ha!  As soon as I saw this bedding set, I knew it was perfect!  Thanks to Kathy from the KozyKidsShop on Etsy.  She was so wonderful to work with and she did a beautiful job customizing the perfect crib set for McKinley.  

Here is an up-close of the wooden monogram that hangs above her crib.  I painted it myself!


Here is her Glider and Ottoman from BuyBuy Baby.  It was a BIG splurge, but totally worth it! We bought the chair, and then my parents surprised us and got the matching ottoman.  I got the side table from Kirklands and her lamp is from Target, which I added a monogram to.

I love her monogrammed boppy pillow!  

This little giraffe sound machine was one the first gifts we received for McKinley...
Thanks to Brad's dad!  :)  For those of you who don't know, I love anything baby giraffe related.  

Her fabulous monogrammed bags hanging on a distressed cream shelf I got from HomeGoods...

Her Bow Holder I made from supplies I got a Hobby Lobby...(The bows go all the way to the ground plus she has has a ton more in her closet!!!)

Love her aqua toy basket I got from Land of Nod.  

This is the other side of her room with her dresser and mirror...

And here is just a small glimpse of her closet, which is full of fabulous smocked clothing...my biggest obsession!!!

I hope Miss McKinley Kate will love her room as much as I do!  

2 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful nursery Kelly!!! Not too much longer, so exciting! Btw, you are so smart to buy her a backpack. I gave up on our diaper bag after about 2 months, it was just too hard to carry, love how backpacks are hands free! Can't wait to see pictures of McKinley in all of those cute outfits!

Hillary MacDonald said...

Kelly,
You have done such a wonderful job on McKinley's nursery! It is so fun and filled with so much love. I can't wait to see your little one IN the nursery. I hope that you continue to find it a room of comfort, peace and love. xo

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com