Friday, January 18, 2013

High Five for Friday!


I'm linking up with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk to share my five favorite things about this week and last week combined since I haven't updated my blog in a while!

1.  The hubs and I got a Sam's Club Membership.  On our first trip there, we bought a huge bag of frozen chicken breasts, an 18-pack of Horizon chocolate milk boxes (Brad takes these to work every morning and his entire squad makes fun of him for it!), and two bottles of my most favorite wine Cupcake Prosecco.

2.  We finally cancelled Time Warner Cable.  Our cable/internet bill was over $160 a month!  We switched to DIRECTV and at&t for internet.  We are going to be saving about $75 a month.  Plus, we have tons of free movie channels for the first 3 months that we have been enjoying all week!
3.  Brad completely suprised me and gave me an Embroidery Machine for Christmas, but after doing a lot of research on my own, I decided to exchange the model he gave me for the Brother SE-400. I ordered it on Amazon last night and it's on the way to our house!  I can't wait to start monogramming everything I own!  :)


4.  While I was in Raleigh visiting Heather,  I picked up these shea-infused polar bear socks on clearance at Bath & Body Works.  They are so so soft and comfy.  I seriously can't stop wearing them!!!  I also got this adorable polar bear scentportable.  These scentportables make great car air-fresheners.  I also got an ice cream cone and a cupcake, so that all of our cars could have one! (The polar bear is in Brad's patrol car! Ha!) The "Fresh Linen" scent is the best.  I am completely obsessed.  


5.  This blog post really hit close to home for me.  Click here to read Oswald Chambers' Gracious Uncertainty.  It really made me stop and think.  I understand that God has a plan for my life and there is no point in stressing out or worrying about it.  What's meant to be will be...things will happen when they are supposed to happen.

2 comments:

Brittany Walsh said...

Stopping by from the link up! I love that your hubby has a polar bear in his patrol car. Totally got a smile out of me :)

Have an awesome weekend!

Ashley said...

Stopping by from the link up (and I follow) - love your embroidery machine! Jealous!!

Happy weekend friend!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com