Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Girls' Weekend in Raleigh


Let me start off by saying Happy New Year since this is my first blog post in 2013!   I started off the new year by taking a weekend trip to Raleigh, NC to visit my best friend Heather.  She moved there in October after finishing flight attendant training in St. Louis.  I drove up there on Saturday morning and came back Sunday night.  It was about a 3 1/2 hour drive...My new Garmin I got for Christmas took me right to Heather's apartment with no problems at all. Thank goodness for a good GPS! :)  

We went to lunch right after I arrived at a burger place called Chuck's that I had heard about from Kate over at The Small Things Blog.  It was probably the best burger I've ever had.  Holy yum.  And let's talk about the french fries. O.M.G. y'all.  They give you half a pound of the most amazing fries you've ever had in your life with your choice of three dipping sauces.  (The ranch sauce was the best.)  

Since we didn't see each other at Christmas this year, we did our gift exchange this weekend.  Can you tell we went a little overboard?  Ha!




This is my third Kate Spade iPhone cover!  :)  Heather has five of them, so I still have some catching up to do!

I am so thankful my best friend is a flight attendant.  She managed to snag me these adorable polar bear napkins off one of her flights from the beverage cart!  I am seriously in love with them!!!!

Speaking of love....check out our fabulous twin Kate Spade handbags.  (Heather's is the black one and mine is the red one.)  We got them during the big Kate Spade Cyber Sale back in November.  (Santa wouldn't let me have mine until Christmas though.)

We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping right across the street from Heather's apartment complex.  I still can't get over the fact that she lives within walking distance to a huge shopping center complete with every store and restaurant imaginable including my most favorite store of all...Target.  I would be so broke if I lived there. Ha! We discovered something new and wonderful while we were there.  They are a new variety of Skittles that came out for Valentine's Day called Darkside.  Holy cow y'all.  It was love at first bite.  (We found them at Kroger on sale the next day and we each bought four more bags.  You must try them!)  

Saturday night we headed to Durham and went to The Streets of Southpoint Mall.  It was one of the nicest malls I've ever been too.  I went to stores that I have never shopped at before like Anthropologie, Madewell, etc.  We went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory after we were all shopped out.  We had to wait a while for a table.  We didn't eat until 9:00 pm!  We both ordered Chicken Caesar Salads and took dessert to go.  Heather ordered a huge slice of Chocolate Cake and I got a slice of Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake.  

We enjoyed this bottle of Chocolate Shop red wine to go with our dessert after we got back to Heather's.  I think it was seriously the best wine I've ever had.  You can get it at World Market.  Heaven in a bottle is what they should call it.  


Let me just say thank goodness for the self-timer on my camera....Even though it took a few million several tries before we were able to get few decent ones.  

On Sunday, we went out and did some more eating and some more shopping.  We managed to visit all three shopping malls in the short amount of time that I was there.  Oh yeah...and...we also decided to be totally creepy and stalkerish to find the address for Kate Bryan's (from The Small Things Blog) hair studio and drove by it.  Heather has been trying to get an hair appointment with Kate, but unfortunately she is no longer accepting new clients since her blog has made her so famous.  What a bummer...oh well!  

I had such a fun weekend catching up with Heather!  I miss her already!  :(  

Get ready Raleigh...I'll be back again soon!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com