Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Spicy Sausage Pasta Recipe


I made an awesome new recipe the other night that I got from one of my favorite bloggers Amber.  She has an awesome recipe blog Chocolate Broccoli that you must check out!  Speaking of recipe blogs, I deleted mine because it got hacked and I kept getting all kinds of comments on there from people in different languages.  I will be posting my recipes on this blog from now on.  Anyways, this recipe was delicious, besides the fact that I don't even like sausage.  Ha!  The hubs does though, so I really made it for him.  I think this recipe would also be good with grilled chicken or ground beef if you are like me and don't like sausage.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

4 spicy Italian chicken sausage links (about 1 pound), casing removed
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups organic fat free, lower sodium chicken broth
1 (10-ounce) can mild diced tomatoes and green chiles (i.e; Ro-Tel)
2/3 cup half and half
8 ounces whole wheat penne or other tube shaped pasta
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and light green parts only

Directions:

Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add sausage and onions and cook, crumbling sausage until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

Add broth, tomatoes, half and half, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer about 15 minutes.

Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with green onions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly- about 2-3 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com