Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Day


My parents came to our house for Thanksgiving this year since Brad had to work. We have always gone to their house for Thanksgiving in Hilton Head before.  I love these gorgeous flowers they brought us! 

 It has become tradition for my Dad and I to go to CVS on Thanksgiving for their Pre-Black Friday deals.   My Mom went with us this year.  I  got all of the stuff pictured above for $2.38!!!  And, I got back over $12.00 in CVS extrabucks!

We ate Thanksgiving dinner later than usual this year since Brad didn't get off work until 7 pm.  We fixed a 14 lb turkey that Brad was given for free from a church.  They gave his whole squad free turkeys which was so thoughtful.  (One of the perks of being a law enforcement wife!  Ha!)  My Mom and I also made green bean casserole, sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cherry coke salad, and rolls. 





Holidays call for fine china!  I love getting to use our fancy dishes!  :)
 My parents give us a Christmas ornament every year at Thanksgiving.  I LOVE this Carolina Gamecock one they gave us this year! 
It has a cockaboose on the back of it...I love it!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com